cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6807-XL/dual supervisors + IA

Jim Crabb
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a setup with a pair of 6807-XL chassis with 6800ia clients, so running VSS.  I have a project where I need to remove one of the chassis for use elsewhere, and move the Sup2T into the chassis that will remain so we still have some redundancy.  The issue I'm running into in my lab (using Sup6Ts instead, due to availability) is that when I test the failover by pulling the active sup, shortly after the standby takes over, it reloads because the VSL is down.  Is there a way for me to configure the switch so that this doesn't happen?  I have already turned off dual-active detection in the virtual domain, de-provisioned switch 2, and removed all VLS-related interfaces/port-channels.

Thanks

Jim

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are moving from VSS to stand-alone chassis, you need to remove all VSS configuration. This will also require sometimes as the port assignment will change. For example, if a device is connected to port 1/2/3, after switching to stand-alone the same port will be changed to 2/3 and so, the config for that port needs to be changed.

HTH

For Instant Access, the system must stay in VSS mode, even with only a single chassis.  What I'm looking for is to make it so that the standby supervisor doesn't reload the system when it takes over and sees the VSLs down.

Jim

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card