Views
Helpful
Replies

7200 router with BRI interfaces

justanas1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

i have a cisco 7204 Router with 7200-NPE-G2, and i want to install 2 BRI intrfaces on it to provide backup connections, i want to know what is the interfaces that can installed on this router to brovide BRI connections

Thanks

3 Replies 3

balajitvk
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The PA-8B-ST port adapter provides up to eight S/T-type BRI interfaces used to connect to an ISDN WAN through an external Network Termination 1 (NT1) device.

The PA-4B-U provides up to four BRI interfaces used to connect to an ISDN WAN through its internal NTI device.

Each PA-8B-ST and PA-4B-U interface consists of two bearer (B) channels that can transmit and receive data at the rate of 64 kbps, full-duplex, and one data (D) channel that can transmit and receive data at the rate of 16 kbps, full-duplex. The interfaces use an RJ-45 receptacle and standard straight-through twisted-pair cable.

Rate if it does,

Rgs.

dear balajitvk

Thank you, but the problem is that i cant find these modules(PA-8B-ST and PA-4B-U) when i work on the dynamic configuration tool

Thanks

dear sir,

an error appear in the configuration tool dectate that the NPE-G2 is not compatible with PA-8B-ST, so what i can do in this situation

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card