Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x and ATA

ak7246
Level 1
Level 1

hello Team,

I am trying to configure 802.1x on the 2560 switches. We have some ATAs connected. I configured the MAB on the switch and configured the windows IAS server with the ATA MAC as user/password. However; when i connect the ATA to the switch port it doesn't get the IP address. Is there a way to make this work? here's my switch port config.

interface FastEthernet0/29

switchport access vlan 17

switchport mode access

switchport voice vlan 3030

srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20

srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0

priority-queue out

mls qos trust device cisco-phone

mls qos trust cos

auto qos voip cisco-phone

dot1x mac-auth-bypass

dot1x pae authenticator

dot1x port-control auto

dot1x timeout tx-period 10

dot1x timeout supp-timeout 10

dot1x reauthentication

dot1x guest-vlan 999

dot1x auth-fail vlan 999

dot1x auth-fail max-attempts 2

spanning-tree portfast

I appreciate your help.

thanks

Anand

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Try to assign static IP address. You can verify which IP address was assigned to the Cisco ATA with the IVR menu.

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server is enabled by default from version 2.x and later. When the DHCP field is set to 1, the Cisco ATA 186 contacts the DHCP server to get the IP address, subnet mask, and default route.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a00800c3a50.shtml#task1

Shubham Bharti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If anyone is still looking for an answer, one needs to enable Voice Domain Permission in the Authorization profile for ATA to get the DHCP IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card