Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x issue.

I have a case that seems to be a bug:

In a cat2950 switch with 12.1(22)EA10 image I am seing working with 802.1x this:

If I am correctly authenticaded the PC goes to a normal Vlan, the production vlan but if the PC connected is not authenticated, the port is assigned to the Guest-Vlan. In this case sometimes appears the mac address in the mac-address-table and sometimes not.

The IOS 12.1.22(EA8)release notes has a solved caveat that talks about a similar case solved.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

When an IEEE 802.1x-enabled interface has MAC authentication bypass (MAB) and guest VLAN enabled and the multiple-host mode configured, the switch no longer reloads if it receives traffic that is not an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) frame and has a MAC address that is not in the MAB profile.

For more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/blades/igesm/software/release/12.1_22_ea10/release/notes/43W7801.html#wp746349

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

When an IEEE 802.1x-enabled interface has MAC authentication bypass (MAB) and guest VLAN enabled and the multiple-host mode configured, the switch no longer reloads if it receives traffic that is not an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) frame and has a MAC address that is not in the MAB profile.

For more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/blades/igesm/software/release/12.1_22_ea10/release/notes/43W7801.html#wp746349

Thanks for this reply!

I?ve tested on 12.1.22 10 but not a version so let me update a switch and see if it get solved.

I?ll update you back ASAP.

There you go! solved for 2950.

Do you know the same medicine for the 2960 series? if not I,ll look for it!!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card