cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X on a C2950G-12-EI when RADIUS is on a different subnet

jasonatcco
Level 1
Level 1

I have a C2950G-12-EI which supports dot1x port based authentication. But the Radius server is in another subnet and the switch doesn't support routing.

How do communicate with the Radius server if I can't ping past the local subnet and the Radius server is on another subnet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can add the default gateway on the switch using the following:

Conf t

ip default-gateway

If you have you routing set up properly it should. Please attach the config of both the routers and the switch. Let us know the ip address range also.

A brief topology diagram would help in this case.

HTH,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rwyates_2
Level 1
Level 1

The fact that the 2950 is not L3 does not matter. the problem is that you do not have Ip conectivity to the radius server.

Could you send a netowrk diagram or give some mor infomration about waht your network looks like.

This is what I thought. I must be missing something simple here, how do I specify the local subnet's default gateway on the Switch?

RADIUS SRVR <-> RTR1 <-> RTR2 <-> Switch

Hi,

You can add the default gateway on the switch using the following:

Conf t

ip default-gateway

If you have you routing set up properly it should. Please attach the config of both the routers and the switch. Let us know the ip address range also.

A brief topology diagram would help in this case.

HTH,

-amit singh

Thanks Amit, that was it, thought I tried that and got an error. Must have been one of those days.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card