cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X support

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Where can I get information about 802.1X support of old WS-C3548-XL-EN, WS-C3524-XL-EN switches?

I understand that they do not support any 802.1X feature, but I need to confirm it.

thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does not look like there is any official document on that but you can confirm it via the feature navigator.

Search in Feature Navigator (www.cisco.com/go/fn - option "search by feature") for .1x features, such as "IEEE 802.1x with Port Security". The 3500XL platforms do not appear for the 802.1x features.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

View solution in original post

Hi Enrique,

Not sure why SW advisor gave you this result, as 2950 does support 802.1x as listed in datasheet and even the following 2950 guide to configure 802.1x port-based auth:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/Sw8021x.html

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does not look like there is any official document on that but you can confirm it via the feature navigator.

Search in Feature Navigator (www.cisco.com/go/fn - option "search by feature") for .1x features, such as "IEEE 802.1x with Port Security". The 3500XL platforms do not appear for the 802.1x features.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ivan's right.  Unfortunately, the 2900XL/3500XL, 2940/2950/2955 and 2970 series of switches do NOT support 802.1X.

thank you for your useful information

Welcome!

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Hi Ivan, after i read leolaohoo's  comment, i run "Cisco Software Advisor" and confirm that the Cisco 2950-24 switches do not support 802.1x.

BUT on the following website: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_data_sheet09186a00801cfb71.html

And running "Cisco Feature Navigator" i got different information, where these Cisco 2950-24 would support 802.1x.

I am a little confused about this case....I did not ask about Cisco2950 before because I thought that they do not have problem with 802.1X......

Do you know more information about this particular case ???

Thanks in advanced fou your important help.

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

Not sure why SW advisor gave you this result, as 2950 does support 802.1x as listed in datasheet and even the following 2950 guide to configure 802.1x port-based auth:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/Sw8021x.html

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

THANK YOU AGAIN IVAN

welcome again :-)

Kind Regards,
Ivan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card