cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

857W and SDM failures

phippsinc
Level 1
Level 1

I just received an 857W ADSL router and have tried 3 different PCs (WinXP, WinXP, Vista). When I run SDM Express and click the "FINISH" button, I get a permanent hour-glass. If I reboot the session, my changes did not get saved to the router. I installed SDM on the PC and tried that, but after launching SDM, entering username/password two different times, I get the message "loading...", then that message goes away, and nothing else happens. Anyone have any ideas. I called Cisco "support" and they had me install full SDM on the router but that didn't help. So then they started leading me down the command line path, but couldn't get the DSL interface to come up. Should I send it back?

2 Replies 2

Hi,

- What version IOS do you have and what version SDM?

- Is your IOS version compatible with the IOS version.

- Also try putting an older version of the SDM wich is offcourse compatible with the IOS version.

- Maybe you are using a wrong JAVA RUNTIME version and that is the same on all 3 PC's.

Also try another JRE version.

#########################################

#If you find this post usefull

#please don't forget to rate this

#Iwan Hoogendoorn

#CCIE#13084

check out the java runtime version on the PCs.

try with a downgraded version of SDM that is compatible with the IOS.

jerril

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card