Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

871 and vlan priority

I have an 871, I would like to know if after I setup another vlan if I can give that vlan priority? I would like to hook up my Vonage up to that vlan. If anyone know or can point me to the right documents that would be a big help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 871 and vlan priority

Hello Phil,

if I understood correcly you would like to give priority to traffic originated in one vlan.

the QoS tools can provide a better treatment to the traffic originated in one vlan over the WAN link

you need to use class-maps to define traffic types

example

let's suppose the ip subnet associated to the vlan you want to be treated better is 192.168.11.0/24

access-list 11 permit 192.168.11.0 0.0.0.255

class-map preferred_traffic

match access-group 11

policy-map wan_cbwfq

class preferred_traffic

bandwidth percent 60

this has to be applied to wan interface with

int type x/y

service-policy out wan_cbwfq

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/config_wfq_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1041636

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you I will give this a try. We do a lot of downloading and I would like the Vonage to take priority over everything else on the network. Do you think that putting it on its own vlan is a good idea?

Hi

I'm not sure what you mean 'given the vlan priority, can you explain what you need to happen?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content