Views
Helpful
Replies

871 router doesn't start

barry-goldberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have cisco 871 router which after press on the "reset" button doesn't start at all. The all lights on the router are flashing after cold restart, also I can't even connect trough console.

Need your help with the issue.

Thank you.

8 Replies 8

adnan.zafar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

On what buad rates you use ( I m saying because your router's baud settings are changed so thats why u r watching ascii codes)

when you connect and when u try to connect after reset router

ok let me explain you

When router first connect with Hyperterminal the default settings are following

1) Buad rate is 9600 ( by pressing Default setting button)

When you reset the router your router becomes on default setting which is stated above

So just try to change the buad rates from 9600 to maximum which is 1175000 or some thing like that your router will give you console

hope this may help you

Thank you so much.

Finally I managed to console into the router , now then I boot it the following message is appearing

No bootable image file: flash:/

Unable to open boot file.

Whait the most efficient way to load boot iso into router, xmodem?

Thank you

Thank you so much.

Finally I managed to console into the router , now then I boot it the following message is appearing

Whait the most efficient way to load boot iso into router, xmodem?

Thank you

You can do xmodem but it might take long time. Or you can even try for tftpdnld command and using its parameters you can even upgrade using the LAN cable if you have direct access to the router.

Finally I managed to tftpdnld and transfered the bin file. But still after restarting the router there is no boot image

List of filesystems currently registered:

flash[0]: (read-write)

What is the command should I execute in order to get this fixed

Thank you all

The issue has been resolved

Thanks again

I m happy that your problem has been resolved

but what u did after downloading the image from router ( because you said that router is still not getting boot file....)

Hi

when I did tftpdnld -u eventually resolved the boot problem.

The problem then become that the config is not saved either, which I resolved with config-reg parametrs

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card