Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

876 IOS question

Well i got my hands on a 876 router that my company had purchase 2-3 yrs ago.

The router has the 12.4(4)T3 IOS and the c870:adventerprisek9-mz.124-4.T3.bin system image.

So my question is : Is there any newer IOS that i can install in this router ??? i want to reset the router's config so i can use to for a site-to-site vpn with i Cisco ASA 5510 (since some time ago it had being used as adsl modem for a SOHO)

5 REPLIES

Re: 876 IOS question

the latest is c870-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T5.bin

Ok now i have 1 more question, should i contact the Cisco resseler company that provides us with cisco gear to give me the new IOS because i don't think i have permission to download it from here.

Thanks for your replay a.alekseev

really appreciated !

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Ioannis

To start with the obvious question - is this router covered under a maintenance contract? If so you should be able to get an update to the IOS. If it is not covered under a maintenance contract then yes you should contact the reseller and ask them about getting a newer version of IOS.

HTH

Rick

Either way i dont have access to dowload it.

I believe all our gear has maintenance contract and an expensive one too !

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Ioannis

If the router is covered by a maintenance contract then whoever issues and manages the maintenance contract should be able to get a code update for you.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies