Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

877W - Wireless Configuration via SDM

All,

I have recently acquired a Cisco 877W and have managed to successfully connect it to my ISP via ADSL. Everything works fine via the FastEthernet interfaces, however I am having a bit of a headache getting the Wireless functionality working.

Due to my lack of knowledge with Cisco Wireless I am attempting to setup the Wireless via the SDM and my overall goal is to have the Wireless share the same VLAN as the Wired LAN. However it doesn't appear to be as straight forward as I had hoped.

Can anyone advise or possibly point me to any documentation or tutorials?

Thanks in advance.

Dean

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES

Re: 877W - Wireless Configuration via SDM

This is turning into a nightmare! My head hurts!

I am using the SDM to attempt to setup a DHCP pool. When I click the Additional Tasks button within the SDM, the correct screen simply doesn't load! Any other menu button works except for Additional Tasks.

I have tried this from different PCs as well and it does the same on them all!

Any ideas?

Dean

Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic product.  Please post your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located here: 

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=E0EEC3D9CB4E5165ED16933737822748.SJ3A?page=Network_Infrastructure_discussion

This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.

THANKS

Silver

Hello,

Per your suggestion, I have moved this thread into the NetPro>LAN, Switching and Routing area.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Support

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

had this problem myself - i was using latest version of Java JRE - downgrade JRE to one supported by SDM - see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/software/release/notes/SDMr25.html#wp35379

hth

andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content