Views
Helpful
Replies

891W with PoE?

svcguy0718
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a client that that is installing a new network.  They have requested the use of an CISCO891W-AGN-A-K9 mostly to be consistent with upgrades perfomed at other sites.  I agree with the use of this router, so that's OK.  The issue is that they have requested that I use the integrated PoE available on this model.  I'm also OK with this as it will make a much neater installation.  However, I can't seem to find much information on how to get the integrated PoE.  I need clarification as to whether I can get a kit to upgrade this router.  I generally purchase from sites like newegg or cdw (I'm an independent contractor) and I can't seem to find one with it.  I have found some information on 800-IL-PM-4 and 800-ILPM-4 (who could confuse those ).  Are they the same or different?  Which one is the correct one and does it include the AC power adapter and can if be retro'ed into a router without the PoE?  And since I'm asking a whole bunch of questions, does anyone have a link to it on a retail-type site?

Thanks,

Andy

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PoE is an optional purchase for this router.  The PoE option is made up of two component:  The factory-installed PoE daughter card (800-IL-PM-4) and the additional PoE brick.

The 890 is made up of 8 Layer 2 switch port.  With the PoE option, this will give users up to 4 ports of PoE.

I'm not sure if you can retrofit the 800-IL-PM-4 but I guess you can.

Thanks,

That being said, does the 800-IL-PM-4 kit come with both? I'm pretty sure this is different from the 800-ILPM-4 which is an external 4-port PoE injector, correct?  Has anyone had experience field upgrading this item?  Just want concrete clarification before I make the equipment order.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card