cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9300 Breakout of Te1/1/1 to Gi1/1/1

dahernan
Level 1
Level 1

I have been unable to get this to work on the 9300 switch.  I want to uplink my connection using a 1 Gig SPF.  However, the interface stays at 10Gig and I am unable to break it out.  Does anyone know how to?

I used the "hw-module breakout module 1 switch 1 port 1" command and it states that it failed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can understand that. So in order to uplink a 1Gig connection, all you need to do is ensure the SFP is 1Gig and it auto negotiates to 1000 on the 10Gig physical int? Or do you have to set the speed on the 10Gig int to 1000?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the exact model number? 

The breakout command is used for 40Gig interfaces and not 10.

HTH

Oh, I was under the impression that we can get a 10gig int to breakout to a 1 gig.
Question is then, how come the switch lets you configure Gi1/1/1 if you can’t use it?

Question is then, how come the switch lets you configure Gi1/1/1 if you can’t use it?

No sure.

Usually, a 10Gig interface can do 10G and 1G based on the optic you use if the switch supports it. That is why I asked for the switch model number. If the switch supports both 1/10,  you put a 1Gig optic in a 10Gig port and change the speed on the port to 1000.

HTH

I can understand that. So in order to uplink a 1Gig connection, all you need to do is ensure the SFP is 1Gig and it auto negotiates to 1000 on the 10Gig physical int? Or do you have to set the speed on the 10Gig int to 1000?

Does cisco 9396px support breakout? M12PQ module?  i want to break 40GE in 4x10G

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card