cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AC connector to my Cat WS-C6509-E:L6-20R or L6-30R?

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Guys, one more question on this:

if I am planning to buy an UPS to my Cat 6509, which type of connector arrangements should I made? I mean, I know that L6-30R 250V, 30A connectors should be available on the switch itself, but how is that going to change if I get an UPS for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi, the ups female receptacles itself must meet the connector standards for the L6-30 30A plug , make sure the UPS can support this cable plug connector, if that is not feasible and ups itself have regular three connector type female receptacle you could buy a cable adapter in which one end will have the female and other end will have the regular 5-15P male plug to connect to USP. But best is to consult the APC UPS vendor to inquiery the receptacle type on the UPS you will buy, it all depends on the type of UPS, some APC UPSs for example can be ordered with the right female connector type, so best thing is to double check with vendor and let them know the type of cable connector you will be using when connecting switch to UPS.

reference this link connector types section for 6500 series.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800a7af7.shtml

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi, the ups female receptacles itself must meet the connector standards for the L6-30 30A plug , make sure the UPS can support this cable plug connector, if that is not feasible and ups itself have regular three connector type female receptacle you could buy a cable adapter in which one end will have the female and other end will have the regular 5-15P male plug to connect to USP. But best is to consult the APC UPS vendor to inquiery the receptacle type on the UPS you will buy, it all depends on the type of UPS, some APC UPSs for example can be ordered with the right female connector type, so best thing is to double check with vendor and let them know the type of cable connector you will be using when connecting switch to UPS.

reference this link connector types section for 6500 series.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800a7af7.shtml

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: