Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Control List

Jonathan Riley
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon all,

I am currently working on a college networking assignment and I'm hoping some of you kind people would be good enough to offer some advice.

I have to build a network that represents an enterprise with three premises, a router at each, and an external ISP router, I have built the network etc and I'm at a point now where I'm slightly stuck.

I have to write and apply an ACL that:

1. Allow users on any of the three LANs to print to the printers on two of the LANs.
  2. All users, including coming in from the Internet, should be able to access the web server on one of the LANs.
  3. Users from all LANs should be able to get to the Internet.
  4. A workstation on one paticular LAN should be able to Telnet to all three routers.
  5. No other LAN-to-LAN traffic is permitted.

The above have to be shown working with some kind of test strategy in packet tracer

I have no problem with 2 - 4, I could do with some advice on how to show a working ACL that permits printer traffic only in packet tracer, I understand how it would work in a real world scenario but not in packet tracer.

Should I permit tcp and udp, along with the ports relating to steps 2 -4 and deny all other?.

In the written assignment I can talk about how in a real world you would permit specific ports etc.

What do you guys think?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

1 Reply 1

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You've posted this in the wrong forum.

You should move this to the Routing & Switching forum.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card