cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access List Telnet/Snmp - Urgent

londint
Level 1
Level 1

Please how can I configure the Cat 6509 with IOS such that only my workstation can telnet to it?

Also, how do I configure the same Switch Cat6509 with IOS to allow only snmp access from certain subnets.?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For telnet create an ACL and then apply it to the vty interfaces with the "access-class in " command. For snmp create an acl for the snmp access and use snmp-server community RW .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For telnet create an ACL and then apply it to the vty interfaces with the "access-class in " command. For snmp create an acl for the snmp access and use snmp-server community RW .

Thanks

Can I apply the same access list to the

snmp-server community public ro 10

snmp-server community private rw 10

Can I apply the smae access list to the vty as in

line vty 0 4

access-class 10 in

Also, is there a possiblilty that they can use any other line vty 0 4 ?

Thanks

Adetutu

Depending on the IOS version (and perhaps on platform) there may be more than vty 0 4. Quite a few of the routers that I have been working with recently have vty 0 15.

If you want to be sure how many vty your router has you can do show run and look near the bottom and see if there are more than vty 0 4. Or you can do a show line command and it will indicate how many lines.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Try to apply the commands to line vty 0 15 instead of line vty 0 4

If your device supports then the command will be accepted otherwise will throw an error.

HTH

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card