Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Access List Telnet/Snmp - Urgent

Please how can I configure the Cat 6509 with IOS such that only my workstation can telnet to it?

Also, how do I configure the same Switch Cat6509 with IOS to allow only snmp access from certain subnets.?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: Access List Telnet/Snmp - Urgent

For telnet create an ACL and then apply it to the vty interfaces with the "access-class in " command. For snmp create an acl for the snmp access and use snmp-server community RW .

4 REPLIES
Purple

For telnet create an ACL and then apply it to the vty interfaces with the "access-class in " command. For snmp create an acl for the snmp access and use snmp-server community RW .

Thanks

Can I apply the same access list to the

snmp-server community public ro 10

snmp-server community private rw 10

Can I apply the smae access list to the vty as in

line vty 0 4

access-class 10 in

Also, is there a possiblilty that they can use any other line vty 0 4 ?

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Adetutu

Depending on the IOS version (and perhaps on platform) there may be more than vty 0 4. Quite a few of the routers that I have been working with recently have vty 0 15.

If you want to be sure how many vty your router has you can do show run and look near the bottom and see if there are more than vty 0 4. Or you can do a show line command and it will indicate how many lines.

HTH

Rick

Try to apply the commands to line vty 0 15 instead of line vty 0 4

If your device supports then the command will be accepted otherwise will throw an error.

HTH

Narayan

Views
Helpful
Replies