cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing SMARTnet

utawakevou
Level 4
Level 4

We recently bought 2 Catalyst 3750 24 10/100/1000 with 2 SMARTnet. Vendor has send us the details including contract number amd contract start and end date's. How do I access this and is it possible to link it up to my CCO login ?

What are some other benefits ? What does 8x5xNBD stands for.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to talk to your sales rep so they can associate your Smartnet contract with your CCO account.  Once that is in place then you can use the Smartnet account to download and upgrade your IOS, if you desire to do so.

8x5xNBD stands for

I think, it means 8 to 5 with next Business day response in case there is any RMA.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to talk to your sales rep so they can associate your Smartnet contract with your CCO account.  Once that is in place then you can use the Smartnet account to download and upgrade your IOS, if you desire to do so.

8x5xNBD stands for

I think, it means 8 to 5 with next Business day response in case there is any RMA.

HTH

Reza

utawakevou
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Reza.

Actually you should be able to associate your cisco.com (or CCO for old name of Cisco Connection Online) userid with your service contracts via self-service. After you log in to cisco.com. click on the "account" link at top right then choose profile manager. One of the options in profile manager should be "Additional Access". From there you can associate your service contract(s) with your userid.

Benefits of Smartnet include the earlier mentioned hardware support as well as TAC support for software and configuration issues. Failed hardware is covered per the Smartnet service level (e.g. 8 hours a day five days a week next business day shipping for replacement parts - there are other levels with more comprehensive and expedited replacement parts).

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks. This one solve it. Well I did have a live chat with a Cisco rep and they link up the 2 contracts for me. Now I manageto download the latest IOS image

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: