Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACL and sequence number question

Hi, I see that on a 3750, I do 'show access-list' and I can see numbers showing sequence of access-lists.

Then I do this on a 7200 and it appears as below, without numbers. Just wanted to confirm this is an IOS version or whether I can also get the numbers listed via commands?

R0#show access-list

Extended IP access list Yourlist

permit icmp any any

permit ip host 10.13.213.21 any

R0#

3 REPLIES

Re: ACL and sequence number question

Hello.

In 12.2 (I don't know the exact release/train) and later it became possible in insert new ACEs in numbered ACLs just like named ACLs. This is why you have sequence numbers against your 'show access-list' command. You can add/change like a numered acl by just starting with the command 'ip access-list 101'

Hope that helps

Simon

So it means that if i want to change one entry which is on the bottom of the 'extended myaccesslist' and move it to the top, I would need to edit the entire access-list on notepad, then paste the whole access-lists again?

Purple

That is correct . Numbered ACL's started with 12.2.xT train I believe . Named ACL's came before that and you could add or delete items but you could not resequence them without modifying like you have said.

Views
Helpful
Replies