cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL(s) for Same VLAN Traffic

michaelyentsch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm using a Cisco 2960 and I'm trying to create an ACL to block communication to and from specific IPs. More specifically, I want to block communication to other hosts on the same VLAN. All other traffic should be able to get in/out. I've been testing by creating some extended and standard ACLs but I'm unable to have them affect the traffic inside the VLAN.

Do I need to be using VLAN access maps? If so, would someone be able to provide some syntax and/or explain how to implement them? I'm not too familiar with ACLs.

Thanks, in advance.                

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Ah, you the man. This blog did a great job at clarifying things for me. Not an information overload, but hit all the importants points.

Thanks!

Annnnnd not that anyone really cares, but I got this working on my test switch thanks to KWillacy's help. Then I found that the production switch for which I was running these tests doesn't support VACLs....

*womp womp wommmmmmpp*

Oh too bad, at least it worked

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card