Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Active ACE module lost configs

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

Active ACE-01 module in our production network has lost it configs after an IOS upgrade on a switch. Currently we have traffic running on back up ACE-02.

I want to know what is the best way to bring ACE-01 back online. On ACE-02 I see the peer priority is set as 105, now I am concerned that if I create a peer relationship, the ACE-01 will become active before pulling the entire config from ACE-02. As a result I believe ACE-01, once active, will overide ACE-02 config with its incomplete config.

Could someone please advise what the best approach would be to bring ACE-01 active again and recover its full configurations ?

Unfortunately I didn't backup active ACE configurations otherwise I was thinking of disabling auto synch once peer relationship is created and then manually add the configs (although it would have taken me ages as I have multiple customer contexts) and then synch with the standby.

Any advise would be much appreciated

1 REPLY

Active ACE module lost configs

Is there anyone who can advise me please ?

Maybe my concept of synchronization is wrong. As the ft groups act as independant redundancy instances, if the ACE-01 realizes that it is active for one particualr ft group it will not consider itself as the master for the entire ft groups. As a result it will not stop ACE-02 from replicating configs on the ACE-01 on basis of one ft group and will wait till entire configs are replicated for each ft before declaring itself as active for every group. So in my view bringing the active back online will not wipe out the configs on the standby...

Any one agree ?

Views
Helpful
Replies