Views
Helpful
Replies

Active to redundant (and vice versa)

Ibbywannit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm running a 6500 and was wondering how would you make the active supervisor the redundant one and the standby supervisor active? The standby supervisor has a better IOS revision than the active one and runs fine if i add the card whilst running - however if i reload the switch then they return to the default with the SUP with the lower revision number becoming active. Can i make it so that the standby is always the active switch? Would this work on 4000 and 5000 series switches as well?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!

You can use the command " redundancy force-switchover" to force a switchover in which case the redundant will become active and the curret active will be reloaded to come up as a standby.

But the active/standby combination will revertback once you relod the device. Probably you can try swapping the SUPs physically or go with the first solution. You will have to force redundancy everytime you reload the device.

Regards,

Niranjan

(pls rate if helpful)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: