Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add 2nd Trunk

Hello Friends,

I have a Cisco SW ( 3560 ) with one Trunk link to my router ( 7606 ), Trunk link is fully utilized so i need to add 2nd Trunk.

Shall all move some customers from old trunk to 2nd one and create a new subterface for them ?

I am think if i can create bundle and add subinterfaces under this bundle ?

Add two GE ports to be memeber of this bundle ?

Please advice

Regards,

Ahmed

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, according to this link, you can create sub-interfaces under the portchannel.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps368/data_sheet_c78-658537.pdf

HTH

amabdelh
Level 1
Level 1

You can use etherchannel between the two switches and this etherchannel will carry all vlans

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Amjad,

Thanks for your answer, but using a bundle we would need to interrupt all customers to implement it.

however, it also provides a level of redundancy if one GigE fails for some reason.

i can move some VLANs from 1st trunk to 2nd one, in this case should i care about loop ?  i think it will not happen , each trunk will carry different VLANs and at swtich side configure 2nd trunk.

Regards,

Ahmed

amabdelh
Level 1
Level 1

In that way there will be no loop if you removed the vlan from the first trunk to thr 2nd. But i would recommend the etherchannel, it gives you redundancy and load balance on the two links

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I concur, use etherchannel to provide redundancy and load-balancing. IT isn't a 9-5 job Sounds like you need to schedule an ASI and do some configuring at midnight

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card