Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Add a provisioned switch to a switch stack.

Assume I have a 3 member switch stack of 3750's with the master already assigned by priority #12 and already configured and running. I want to add another member(same type and exact IOS match) that has already been provisioned (priority #1, interfaces and VLANs, etc. already configured). Reading the documentation titled "Creation and Management of Catalyst 3750 Switch Stacks Document ID: 71925" regarding the section titled the same as my Conversation Title, the 1st line completely throws me off! "When you add a provisioned switch to the switch stack, the stack applies either the provisioned configuration or the default configuration to it."

How do you get the stack to DEFINITELY accept a previously provisioned switch? By first ensuring that the existing stack has had it's current running configuration copied into it's start-up configuration? Is that it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Add a provisioned switch to a switch stack.

Marc,

There are different results depending on several scenarios.

Instead of copying and pasting the information from Cisco's website, I recommend reading this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1178950

HTH,

__

Edison.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Add a provisioned switch to a switch stack.

Marc,

There are different results depending on several scenarios.

Instead of copying and pasting the information from Cisco's website, I recommend reading this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1178950

HTH,

__

Edison.

Views
Helpful
Replies