cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a 3750 Stack member

zeu7
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody confirm whether or not I have to power down my 3750G stack before I add a new stack member or if I can safely add a new 3750G to my existing stack without powering the stack down.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

No you just have to power of the switch to be added, here you are the steps:

Change the switch priority of the switch to be added to "1".

switch stack-member-number priority new-priority-value

Note: This step is optional, but it will make sure that the switch has fewer chances to become a stackmaster in the future.

Power off the switch that is to be added.

Make sure that the stack is fully connected so that, when you connect the new switch, the stack will be at least in half connectivity and does not partition.

Connect the new switch to the stack with the StackWise ports.

Power on the newly added switch.

After the new switch comes up, issue the command show switch to verify stack membership.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml#stack3

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

No you just have to power of the switch to be added, here you are the steps:

Change the switch priority of the switch to be added to "1".

switch stack-member-number priority new-priority-value

Note: This step is optional, but it will make sure that the switch has fewer chances to become a stackmaster in the future.

Power off the switch that is to be added.

Make sure that the stack is fully connected so that, when you connect the new switch, the stack will be at least in half connectivity and does not partition.

Connect the new switch to the stack with the StackWise ports.

Power on the newly added switch.

After the new switch comes up, issue the command show switch to verify stack membership.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml#stack3

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: