Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding switches to stack

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I've have 2 x 3750G stacks with 3 switches in each and I need to add 2 more 3750Gs to it, can I still get these switches are the X range is out?

Stack 1

WS-C3750G-24T-S

WS-C3750G-48TS-S

WS-C3750G-24T-S

Stack 2

WS-C3750G-24T-S

WS-C3750G-48TS-S

WS-C3750G-24T-S

All are running 12.2(53)SE C3750-IPBASE-M

Also when adding a new switch to the stack does the stack need to be relaoded?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, you can add the new switches to the stack and no need to reboot the stack.

Please follow this document step-by-step to add the switches:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/71925-cat3750-create-switch-stks.html#stack3

HTH

Hi,

I have mananaged to find 2 x WS-C3750G-12S-S switches I guess these will be fine?  They are a chassis switch where I have to put in the SFP modules.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You can add the 12-Ss to your stack, however beware these switches support (additional) SDM templates unique to them.  I.e. insure they use a "standard" SDM template.

Hi,

How can I find out what SDM template I am already using?  Is the SDM the GUI tool?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

At command line, show sdm prefer

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card