Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

advertising loopback into RIPv2

I'm working on setting up RIPv2 on several L3 switches and ASA's as our network is growing and static routing has become too cumbersome to manage.

The question I have is what is the best method to advertise a loopback address 192.168.210.xxx/32 into RIPv2?  It looks like we could add "network 192.168.210.0" for the loopback subnet, this does advertise the /32 into RIP, but this network statement would be the same on all of the devices.  Not sure if that would cause an issue since on each device it only advertises the specific /32 host address.  Then there is "redistribute connected" which also works, but seems redundant just for the purpose of advertising the loopback.  Or add a static and "redistribute static".  Any advice on this would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

advertising loopback into RIPv2

I would suggest that a network statement under router rip would be the best way. Having the network statement on each router should not cause an issue. And with a network statement the loopback would be advertised as an internal route and it avoids possible complications that sometimes come up when you use redistribution.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content