cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Affects on 877 routers after a power cut?

jameswinterburn
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 sites, both with Cisco 877 devices. On both sites, there have been powercuts in the past.

The problem is, to recover the devices from a powercut, we need to be physically consoled in to them! Strange eh?

When switching them off and on normally, all I get is the power light. Leaving the power cable out for 10-20 minutes also doesn"t work (like when usb ports stop working on a pc). It will not boot at all regardless of how many times I turn it off and on.

When switching them off and on with the console session OPEN, it boots normally, with power light, dsl light and ethernet lights etc. It also boots normally every time afterwards.

Why has the power cut made the routers boot strangely? And why do I have to babysit them to make them boot? This is annoying and time consuming.

2 Replies 2

tomek0001
Level 4
Level 4

You should try putting it on a power surge or a small backup battery. Check out something like this

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=21#anchor1

/rate if helpful

Thanks

One of them is on a smart ups 1000. When they moved from a generator at the site to main power supply, the UPS battery died, and they had the same problem.

This would suggest that during long brown out periods and the battery dies, that it would still happen?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: