Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

After stack was created, ask for password without prompting username

Dear team,

Could someone advise me what could be.

I have created new stack based on Cisco 3750.

I have three stacks, due to increasing q-ty of users, was made decision, to buy new switches.

I have download from on the  stacks config and uploaded to new switch.

Everything were fine, I have rebooted for several time, it didn't ask me for a password at all.

Meanwhile, I configured rest of them and connect thme using stackwise. After system booted, it asked for a password without prompting user.

However, no password were configured, moreover, the stack is stand-alone, and wasn't connected to general network.

Could you please advise is wrong?

Thank you

2 REPLIES

If it's asking for a password

If it's asking for a password when telnetting/consoling in, that usually means there's a password configured on the line and it's not using radius or local authentication. I've never heard of the switch defaulting a password when the stack is configured. I suppose it's possible that one of the new switches had a config on it that had a password on one of the lines, and this switch has become master in the stack causing it to ask you for a password.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Were you adding additional

Were you adding additional switches to existing stacks or building a new stack?

Are you using Tacacs or Radius for authentication or are you using only local usernames/passwords?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content