cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Align-err on a port...Switch is 6506

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I am getting Align-err on a port. Both sides are set to 100/full so I don't think there is a duplex problem. Also there is no HUB in the mix, it is connected directly to the switch. I am going to check the cabling. What else is anything could I check to resolve these errors. Also should I try and set the speed and duplex on both sides to Auto to see if there is a change? The errors are not rapidly going up just a handfull per hour, but I don't want to just let them go if I can correct them.

Thanks,

Mike

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

It could also be because of bad cabling, a bad port, or a bad NIC. So lets us try making both sides as auto auto first and if that does not resolve the best way to check is connect the same machine to different port and see if the errors follows is yes then check the cable and if cabling if fine it could be bad nic.

HTH

Ankur

Thanks for the information. I already have that in the plans for today. I was making sure I was not over looking anything else.

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco