Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Any ways to check IPs of the servers that connecting to the 2950 Switch?

Hi,

I am taking over a role of the previous network engineer where the network diagram is not up to date.

Now, I am giving a task to get the latest network diagram. so, would like to check if there is any ways that i can find the IPs that connected to the switches. What type of commands can help on this?

Thanks.

ken

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Any ways to check IPs of the servers that connecting to the

Hi

do (show mac-address) or (show cam) on the switch , this shows you the mac-addresses learned by the switch .

the (show arp) shows you every mac-address and its coresponding IP address.

traffic must pass troug the switch so that you can see arp entries unless they be aged out for a given timeout.

HTH

do rate if it does

hI,

On 2950 switch, you can give command "show ip arp" which will list IP and their corresponding MAC address.

Assumption here is that you will get complete list only when each device connected to the port is sending traffic to others, only in this case CAM table will be complete.

after that you can give command "show mac-address command to check the port from which the device is connected.

hope it helps ... rate if it does ....

Purple

this will work if the switch is attached to a single subnet , if it is trunked then you have to get the mac address then go up to the corresponding layer 3 routing device and look in the arp table for correlation .

Hi

In addition i would suggest you to use cdp to get the topology for u r network.

Thanks

Mahmood

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content