cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP not associating vlan

cchangatrimage
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to cisco devices. I have been able to do a little troubleshooting but still having a problem with a wifi vlan. I have a trunking port that is allowing vlans 17,18, and 239 but is not allowing vlan 239 in spanning tree forwarding when in pruning state. Pruning is not enabled. Vlan 239 is not connecting to the AP but vlan 18 is able to associate to the same AP's. Both vlans are getting uplinks from the same switch which does allow trunking and stp for each vlan but the corporate router uplinking to that switch does not. I was able to change the config to match other AP's that are associating vlan 239 but no luck. Here is a run down of how the vlan 239 is routed to the AP. Can you see anything wrong?

1. 3750-2 gig2/0/25 of 2960G; switchport trunk encap dot1q; switchport trunk allowed vlan 17,18,239; switchport mode trunk; spanning-tree portfast; spanning-tree link-type point-to-point.

2. 2960G switch gig0/44 (AP uplink);switchport trunk allowed vlan 17,18,239; switchport mode trunk; switchport negotiation; spanning-tree bpduguard enable.

3. AP device; vlan239, vlan18; vlan17; AP does not associate only vlan 239.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Davy Ad
Level 1
Level 1

Use allowed all

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Can you post config of AP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco