Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple Mac's Through Cisco router

stephen.stack
Level 4
Level 4

Hi experts,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before.

I manage a Student Accomodation comples with about 20 concurrent users accessing the internet via ADSL. All users get IP address settings from the Cisco and all users work without any issues.

Except for Apple users. There are three on this site and none of them have consistent internet access. They can all ping any IP address on the internet, but cannot ping DNS names. They can access only the first page of any site they visit and then cannot access anymore.

I have changed MTU settings on the Apples to no avail. Just wondering if any of you have seen this before and would anyone have a resolution.

Thanks in advanced

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful
3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can't say I have ever heard of that and we manage a big corporate account . Does the dns server match an intel machine when do a "ipconfig" command ???? Think you are headed down the right track , verify the dns servers are same in both intel and mac machines .

hi,

Thanks for the reply. Ya, it seems very peculiar to me also. I have checked the dns server address in both apple and intel, and they are the same.

You know, they can actually access a webpage or site for about 10 seconds and then, nothing. No access at all. the only common denominator is the Cisco box.

I really just wanted to see if anyone came accross this before.

Hope anyone can help

Cheers

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

I have seen an issue where the first page comes up but no other pages.. Try looking at the security settings on the browswer. Possibly they are set too securely...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card