cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

applying service-policy on interface of 3850??

Mohit Chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am working on 3850 switches and need to config QoS. I do realize that it doesnt support mls qos anymore and was following the IOS based qos where I created ACL, followed by class-maps and finally tried to use service-policy on the interface to apply the QoS. But for some reason, that doesnt get appied.

Initially I used range commad to apply on a set of interfaces, that time it gave me an error saying cannot execute the command. Following this, i applied on a single int, this time no error shown, however, when i do sh run int gx/0/x...or sh policy-map int gx/0/x....it doesnt show me service-policy applied.

Has anyone seen this issue?

I am runniing 03.02.02.SE version on the sw.

Regards,

Mohit

2 Replies 2

Mohit Chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Just adding to this issue, I was checking the X-IOS version and it is the latest running which is 3.2.2.

However, there was one main difference i noticed. this was to do with the file types. On the website it was showing me only bin files whereas on the switch when i saw it was .pkg file. in fact, there wasnt any bin file in the flash at all. with show version I saw

System image file is "flash:packages.conf"

will that make any difference?

hi again

the problem is fixed.

it was the policy-map configuration which was slightly incorrect. I was defining bandwidth percent on the policy map which was supposed to be applied ingress.

But the strange thing was it did not give any error which you would be imagine to happen....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card