Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Appropriate IOS for model 1841

We're beginning to set up a leased dedicated T1 between two office locations, and we've received in the two 1841 routers w. the WIC 1DSU-T1-V2 card installed. They will be within the company firewall, so IOS firewall would not be as much of an issue.

Only current question now, is of the available IOS versions, which would best suit the situation?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Appropriate IOS for model 1841

Peter

There are at least two aspects to consider when choosing an image to run on a Cisco router such as the 1841. There is a question of what version and there is a question of what feature set. If there are particular functionalities that you need there may be some differences in version, but it sounds like you want a router to do basic packet forwarding so pretty much any version would do what you need. I have a customer with a number of 1841s and we have been running 12.4(15)T1 and been happy with it. In terms of feature set, given what I think I understand about your requirements I would suggest that you get the IP Plus feature set.

HTH

Rick

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Appropriate IOS for model 1841

Peter

There are at least two aspects to consider when choosing an image to run on a Cisco router such as the 1841. There is a question of what version and there is a question of what feature set. If there are particular functionalities that you need there may be some differences in version, but it sounds like you want a router to do basic packet forwarding so pretty much any version would do what you need. I have a customer with a number of 1841s and we have been running 12.4(15)T1 and been happy with it. In terms of feature set, given what I think I understand about your requirements I would suggest that you get the IP Plus feature set.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies