cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

arbitrary reboot

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

We encountered, what appears to be, an arbitrary reboot of one of our Cat 6513's (IOS Version 12.2(33)SXH3).

I'm looking for a method to try and determine what caused the reboot...Any recommendations on logs/files and / or commands to run to check for this info?

Bruce

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Show show ver output is the easiest to check. It should tell you the reason why a device was reloaded. The output of show stack will also be useful if the device crashed as that will have some details about the crash. It will also show commands run leading up to the crash.

thanks J,

but, short of the statement "Last reset from s/w reset" implying someone executed a "reset", sho ver doesnt shed much more light on why it would have rebooted...the show stack , i'm not entirely sure what i'm seeing there...looks like numbers of "interrupts" and current processes running...of course, i guess we would have more info if we were logging to a syslog...

Can you post the entire show ver and show stack output?

here they are

This appears to be a legitimate reset, and no crash occurred. To find out who is resetting the device, you would need some kind of AAA server to record the commands being run.

roger...thanks J...appreciate it..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card