Views
Helpful
Replies

Are Cisco 6509-E EOL?

ferhanahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I understand that the Cisco 6509 Models are EOL and I believe almost EOS? However somebody mentioned to me that the Cisco 6509-E models are not EOL or not near EOS, is this something that someone could shed any light on? Or if 6509 & 6509-E are both going to be EOL/EOS at the same time?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd8035ece4.html

Thanks in advance!

Ferhan Ahmad

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The non-E chassis have been announced EoL/EoS, but the -E chassis have not.

Is the -E chassis close to being EoL?  Well, only Cisco can tell us that, and they likely won't until they announce, but consider the 6800 series provides candidate replacement products, and with the EoL/EoS announcements for the sup720s and PoE line cards, we're being pushed toward the 6800 (or other) series.

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ferhan,

E chasis are not yet EOL/EOS they are doing good.  I have not heard of anything as of now.,

HTH

Regards

inayath

Rafatur Rahman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Farhan,

Greetings! As per the document referred, the 6509-E is not EOL/EOS. As per the following document, the 6509-E is the recommended replacement for the EOS product 6509.

Please check the following link supporting the above information.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-6509-switch/index.html

Kind Regards,

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello ferhanahmad,

A great tool to keep track of EOL, warranties, field notices....... for your existing Cisco equipment is Cisco Active Advisor.

Cisco Active Advisor is a free online service that automates network discovery and analysis of your network inventory.

It will also send email alerts with the EOL, warranties.....

Take a look at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/active-advisor/index.html

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: