I have an access switch plugged into our core with using a trunk port. To manage this switch I've added a vlan to it which also exists on the core (so it's routed throughout our network)...this switch also contains some vlans which are local to this switch and are not routed through the rest of the network. IP Routing is not enabled on the switch, and the trunk port only allows the routed vlan.
My problem is, for some reason when I try to connect to this switch it always fails, I can't even ping it. I'm getting an incomplete arp entry for my PC. I ran an arp debug and noticed that it's sending the arp request from one of the vlans that are not on the core...and the vlan is not allowed on the trunk....which would explain why it's not getting a response. How do I prevent that from happening?
It looks like the switch does not have a route to your PC. When the switch doesn't do ip routing, you need to set it's default gateway to an ip adress in the correct subnet on the core switch or other device that should perform the routing.
For protocols like telnet and snmp you can also "fix" the interface that must be used by configuring:
That did not work. The source IP address requesting the mac on the switch is a network that the core does not have routes to...so even if I add the default route to the switch and enable ip routing it won't work...as the core won't know where to send the packets back.
The ip telnet source-int won't work either, as the switch is not even able to resolve my mac address.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...