Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5400XM missing configurations

Hi Cisco Experts,

Good day! May we ask for your help? As we encountered missing some configurations in our AS5400XM. And we've also attached the crash dump file we collected when the issue occurred. May we know if this is related to missing configurations?

Hope for your kind assistance on this.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

RJ

12 Replies 12

Hi All,

Please help me may we know what possible cause of this.. Do wee need to upgrade the IOS?

Thanks and regards,

RJ

Hi All,

May we know what this mean?

*Oct 25 00:15:07.916: %SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of   65536 bytes failed from 0x60621C88, alignment 0

Pool:   Processor  Free: 63626920  Cause: Memory fragmentation

Alternate   Pool: None  Free: 0  Cause: No Alternate pool

-Process= "VTSP", ipl= 0, pid= 148   -Traceback= 0x604A95A4 0x605FEF68 0x60607280 0x60621C90 0x605FEC60 0x60604EF4   0x612DD104 0x612DD1E4 0x612DEA20 0x61283F48 0x615ED64C 0x615F0968 0x615F24F0

*Oct 25   00:15:07.916: %AAA-3-BADSERVERTYPEERROR: Cannot process accounting server   type radius (UNKNOWN) -Traceback= 0x60137080 0x6005B428 0x6006D5D4 0x6005C310   0x600B8998 -Traceback= 0x60136D64 0x6005AB30 0x6005B3C0 0x60068DF0 0x6005B524   0x6006D5D4 0x6005C310 0x600B8998
*Oct 25   00:15:07.928: %ISDN-3-ISDN_FATAL: ISDN FATAL ERROR: file CCPRI, function   CCPRI_GetOutInfo, message: Unable to get a package info buffer:  0

*Oct 25   00:15:07.928: %ISDN-3-ISDN_EXIT: Unable to get a package info buffer:  0  

%Software-forced   reload

08:15:07 GTM Fri Oct 25 2013: Breakpoint   exception, CPU signal 23, PC = 0x605E8694

It's hard to open a TAC now as AS5400XM is EOL.

Please help us.

Thanks and Godblessed

Regards,

RJ

RJ

Your router attempted to allocate some memory for some function it was performing and was not able to allocate the memory. It is difficult for me to think of what kind of config might be missing that would cause this problem. It sounds more like a memory leak. Had this router been running for a long time before the problem happened?

You might want to monitor this router and to track its use of memory over time.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Sir Richard,

Yes the router is running for 1 month after we reconfigure or migrate other ISDN connection on this router. And we found out that the router is not accessible. We found also there are missing configurations like the ip address of the router and dial-peers.

May we know if we are hitting the bug or need to upgrade?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

RJ

RJ

I can see that a bug might impact memory and cause missing configuration parts. It is difficult for me to think how missing configuration could cause the memory issue.

I can say for sure that it is a bug but the behaviors certainly suggest that you are encountering a bug. If upgrade of this code is feasible then I would certainly recommend that you go for the upgrade.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your nice info.

May we know if we going to upgrade, what upgraded IOS software version will be use?

Sorry for many questions to you. As the AS5400XM is EOL and the Cisco TAC support coverage was expired we cannot open SR for this.

Thank you very much

Best regards!

RJ

RJ

You are welcome. I am glad that my responses have been helpful. That is what we strive for in the forum.

I am not sure how to advise you about a version to upgrade. The normal process for a code upgrade is to go to the software download page at Cisco. But since the AS5400XM is EOL I think that the software download pages no longer have the code for this router. I do not know of a way to obtain a different version, unless you happen to have another version available some how (perhaps you have a second AS5400XM with another version, or perhaps you have another version from this router that was archived when you did a code upgrade)?

I am sure that this is not the response that you wanted to get but I do not know of a way to get a different version of code outside of getting it from Cisco.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have check the cisco software download and there still have upgrade patch. If you don't mind, may we know if you have reference that this is software bug issue?

Thank you very much for your swift kind assistance.

RJ

RJ

I am surprised that the software download page still has code available for the AS5400XM but that is good news. I do not have any particular reference that indicates that this is a bug. I just observe that this behavior certainly would be consistent with a bug.

You might contact TAC and ask if they can tell you if this is a bug that might justify supplying a new version of code. You might also ask TAC if there are any security vulnerabilities announced for your version of code that could justify supplying a new version of code for your router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your kind assistance again. May we ask if you know if there is a site that we can request to verify this kind of issue as we cannot open a TAC case?

Best Regards,

RJ

RJ

I am not aware of a site outside of Cisco where you could verify this. You might look on the Cisco site for announced Security Advisories and search in them for vulnerabilities that impact the version of code in your AS5400XM.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Sir,

Thanks again for your kind assistance. We will now verify this.

BTW, may we know if the ISDN fatal error also causing this?

Best regards,

RJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: