cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 - Upload Speed Slow

travesty15
Level 1
Level 1

We purchased an ASA 5520 last October and have been having problems with uploads speeds since installing the device. We purchased a 6MB up and download line from an ISP. The ASA is set to 10 full duplex and the ISP has reassured me that they are also set to 10 full duplex.

All tests have confirmed the download to be 6MB. However the upload is never above 1MB.

I've tested the connection directly to a lap top and the upload speed increases to 3MB. If I can get the upload speed to at 3MB through the ASA I would be happy. Does anybody have any suggestions to what the problem may be?

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

The issue may be with the out of order packets ("sh asp drop command") on the network which needs to be resolved in order for the firewall to process traffic without any slowness. The firewall needs to see the packets in order as it randomizes them etc.. therefore when it receives the out of order packets and the buffer fills it will drop them. We can configure a policy to enlarge the buffer. You can also try disabling the global policy all together.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card