Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1000 Field Notice 63764 Memory Failure

Looking at this Field Notice, it cuts a wide path on what might happen, but it does not tell how to tell if my customers have an affected ASR until it fails, which is not good.

It points to the PIDs that are affected but it does not give a range of VID or SNs that might be affected. 

Is that information available without having to open a TAC case?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It points to the PIDs that are affected but it does not give a range of VID or SNs that might be affected. 

Richard, 

I believe this critical item is not handled well.  

The answer to your question above is YES and NO.  

NO:  I don't believe Cisco knows which items, based on serial numbers or date of manufacturing, wre affected.  

YES:  You can do yourself a favour by deciphering the date of manufacturing based on your serial number and determine if your appliance falls between the date announced by Cisco. 

Take an ordinary serial number, FFFYYWWSSSS.  

FFF = Factory Code

YYWW = Year and week of the calendar when the appliance was manufactured.

SSSS = Alpha-numeric serial number.  

Now, this year is 2014.  The "YY" values should be "18".  2013 is "17", 2012 is "16", 2011 is "15" ,etc.  

Those are the only four values which play an import role in this Field Notice.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard, 

I believe this critical item is not handled well.  

The answer to your question above is YES and NO.  

NO:  I don't believe Cisco knows which items, based on serial numbers or date of manufacturing, wre affected.  

YES:  You can do yourself a favour by deciphering the date of manufacturing based on your serial number and determine if your appliance falls between the date announced by Cisco. 

Take an ordinary serial number, FFFYYWWSSSS.  

FFF = Factory Code

YYWW = Year and week of the calendar when the appliance was manufactured.

SSSS = Alpha-numeric serial number.  

Now, this year is 2014.  The "YY" values should be "18".  2013 is "17", 2012 is "16", 2011 is "15" ,etc.  

Those are the only four values which play an import role in this Field Notice.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card