Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASR1006 -add GigabitEthernet

Hello,

I have used all ethernet port on my ASR-1006 and i need more ethernet port, can you tell me how i can add this and whitch model of this interface can i use?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What do you mean by used all of your Ethernet Ports?

With the ASR 1006, you will have a SIP, which basically provides the electrical connection to the SPA cards. The SIP will come in a variety of models.

For instance, if you used a SIP10, how many SPA cards and what types do you have installed?

The links that Leo provided should give you a good reference point to find the SPA that is right for you as well.

If the CIsco 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet SPA is enough for you, it will be a lot cheaper than the 10 port.

Also, this port is a combo port, so you will have two copper and two fiber. Remember to use 'media-type' commands as well.

I would recommend the following SPA card (unless you need more ports)

Cisco 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter, Version 2

SPA-2X1GE-V2

Ifyou go all the way down to the bottom of this link, (or close to the bottom), you will see compatible SFPs.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.pdf

Pick the one that best fits your needs.

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What do you mean by used all of your Ethernet Ports?

With the ASR 1006, you will have a SIP, which basically provides the electrical connection to the SPA cards. The SIP will come in a variety of models.

For instance, if you used a SIP10, how many SPA cards and what types do you have installed?

The links that Leo provided should give you a good reference point to find the SPA that is right for you as well.

Thank you very much for your help. I need to order for new SPA

hello

I have to order for below Gigabit Ethernet SPA and in need to confirm wich SFP optics i will choose, i am looking for Copper (RJ-45) SFP optics i need to confirm

Cisco 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter

Cisco 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter

thank you in advance for your help

If the CIsco 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet SPA is enough for you, it will be a lot cheaper than the 10 port.

Also, this port is a combo port, so you will have two copper and two fiber. Remember to use 'media-type' commands as well.

I would recommend the following SPA card (unless you need more ports)

Cisco 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter, Version 2

SPA-2X1GE-V2

Ifyou go all the way down to the bottom of this link, (or close to the bottom), you will see compatible SFPs.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.pdf

Pick the one that best fits your needs.

Thanks John for your clarification

I need more then two port and I am going for Cisco 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter

is this SFP compatible with:

Name                                                                                                 Part Number

1000BASE-T SFP (5-, 8-, and 10-Port GE SPAs)                                 SFP-GE-T

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies