Views
Helpful
Replies

Assigning Vlan1 to all interfaces on Cisco 887VA

stevenr_robins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I have just bought my first cisco router (887VA-K9).  I see that you cant assign LAN ip range to the interfaces themselves, so i have created this on Vlan1 as below:

Router#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

Router(config)#int Vlan 1

Router(config-if)#ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

Router(config-if)#

How do i now assign Vlan1 to all 4 interfaces?

Basically i want any device that is connected the interfaces to gain an ip from dhcp pool from the same subnet on all 4 interfaces?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
you are correct vlan 1 is the default on cisco and all access ports are assigned to this vlan as default

res
paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

shillings
Level 4
Level 4

VLAN1 would be the default, so is probably not showing in the config. You could try 'show run all' and see if it shows up then.

The command for each interface is 'switchport access vlan 1'

Rather than configure all interfaces individually, you could use the range command as follows, 'interface range f0-3'

I thought Vlan1 is assigned to all interfaces by default? For example - when I connect any device to any of the 4 ports.  The interface comes up first then the Vlan1 comes up?  See below:

Aug  3 12:12:50.891: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2, changed state to up
Aug  3 12:13:18.911: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan1, changed state to up

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

use the command "show ip interface brief", see list of inferfaces. For multiple interfaces use the command "interface range" e.g. "interface range fa0/1-20, fa0/24-34" then, then switchport access command "switchport access vlan 1"

---

Posted by WebUser Mario Boltek from Cisco Support Community App

Hello
you are correct vlan 1 is the default on cisco and all access ports are assigned to this vlan as default

res
paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi,

Vlan1 is by default shut.

so issue command

int vlan 1

no shut.

by defautl all Interface are in vlan 1.

DO RATE HELPFUL POSTS.

Jawad

Jawad
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco