Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Configuring 50 switches

shahzad.adnan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Concern, 

Is it possible that, i configure some command for multipale switches in one time. Main to say that, I have 50 layer 3 switches, and some time need to configure some command on all switches. Then i login all switches one by one and configure them manually. . Is there any method that i configure one command and it automatically be configured for all the switches in one time. 

Regards,

Adnan

2 Replies 2

There are a couple of ways to do that:

1. Any Enterprise-Management software like PRIME or something like that should do the job.
  2. A little bit cheaper: Kiwi Cat Tools from Solarwinds
  3. Much cheaper: Use an SSH-client that can open many connections at once and tell the client to send all input to all sessions. On MacOS, iTerm2 can do that. On Windows I think that SecureCRT is also capable of that.

If you have any Linux/Unix skill you can script something to connect to each device and deliver the commands.

A few years ago I used the 'expect' tool http://expect.sourceforge.net/

We built a script to logon to a list of routers from a .CSV file and issue a 'show version' command to audit the IOS versions running a load of switches and routers in a large network we managed. Good times!

Matty

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card