Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto formatting router

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have cisco 1812  with "c181x-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T4.bin" and Router is getting formatted frequently.

Is IOS upgrade will resolve the issue?

Please suggest on the above to resolve the issue.

10 Replies 10

Hi

I assume this behavior is seen once the router is restarted, right?. It could be generated because it is not using the correct config-register, probably it has configured 0x2142, it can be seen through: show version 

Now you can set up the following command:

conf t

config-register 0x2102

write

Then reboot the device to take effect.

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

Thanks for the replay.I have already checked the same and the device  Configuration register is 0x2102.

Please let me know is it IOS issue.

Hi

So It could be a bug. Try with the IOS upgrade, also check the hardware requirements before.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

What is getting formatted ? The flash ?

Entire config is getting erased. 

Hi

That is very weird, it is pointing to a bug. 

Could be a bug...I haven't found one so far.

Either way, try to reformat the flash and erase the nvram...

wr erase

erase flash

format flash

hi julio,

ihave one more 891 cisco router with "c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.156-2.T1.bin" IOS where we are facing the same issue .

Please suggest on this.

Hi

It is a weird situation, different images, try to upgrade to the recent image, have you tried to open a ticket with the Cisco TAC?

casanavep
Level 3
Level 3

Have you verified that you are on the current version of ROMMON (12.3(8rYH13))?  It could be a ROMMON defect, since it could have to do with the initialization of NVRAM during boot.  I also notice you are on a "T"-train IOS with years of security and other defects. Best practice is to operate on M (mainline) release when possible, since T (Technology) train OS often release with bleeding edge features, but before the most proven testing.  On top of that, the entire 12.4(24)T line for 1812 was fully removed form the website, so there could be a reason.  Do you have the 256MB DRAM and 32MB available flash needed to move to 15.x code?  If so, I would patch ROMMON first and see if it resolves, then I would move to the more secure code if simply patch ROMMON didn't resolve.  You could simply have bad NVRAM if neither of these work, or you really don't have 0x2102 as your config-register.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: