cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto QoS causing File Transfer/Access slowness 3850/3750

borman.bravo
Level 1
Level 1

I appreciate the help, I'm seeing extremely slow file transfer rates and file access when the AutoQoS feature is configured on a 3850 stack, as soon as I remove the auto generated QoS service policy from an interface where the PC is plugged in then all file access/transfers return to normal. Has anyone experienced this and/or has any recommendations? I've seen this also on a 3750 stack. Thanks again.

3 Replies 3

g.gudmundsson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing the exact same on a 3850 but only on ports that have 10/100 Cisco phone connected. Computers directly connected or thought a 1G Cisco phone are not affected.

Richard Primm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guys,

Have a look at bug CSCug85580

Refernce:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCug85580

Symptom:

When "auto qos voip cisco-phone" is applied to a 3850 port, data traffic over 10 (or 20) Mb/s is dropped at ingress.

Conditions:

Issue seen in IOS-XE 3.2.0/3.2.1(SE) on a Catalyst 3850

Workaround:

The policy below is the generated Service-policy input: AutoQos-4.0-CiscoPhone-Input-Policy Class AutoQos-4.0-Default-Class set dscp default police cir 10000000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action transmit exceed-action set-dscp-transmit dscp table policed-dscp violate-action drop Remove the policer from the above class-map policy.

----How to upgrade to fixed release ---------

step 1. record all auto qos config by "show auto qos":

GigabitEthernet2/0/3 auto qos voip cisco-phone

GigabitEthernet2/0/27 auto qos voip cisco-softphone

step 2. under the interface, do "no auto qos ..." for each of the above interfaces

step 3. sh run | i AutoQos, do the following

a. no policy-map xxx

b. no class-map xxx

c. no ip access-list extended AutoQos-xxx

d. no table-map xxx e. no table-map policed-dscp

step 4. sh run | i AutoQos, make sure that nothing exists

step 5. show auto qos make sure that nothing exists

step 6. wr mem

step 7. reload with rebuild/fixed image

step 8. re-configure auto qos for the interfaces recorded in step 1. .

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ive seen this a number of times, luckily we have it fixed in newer releases.

If you need assistance with upgrading the 3850, i wrote this document that might help:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-36615

hope that helps

Lp

Upgrading to IOS-XE 3.3 without taking the extra step of deleting the autoQoS and regenerating it seems to have fixed this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: