Helpful
Replies

Auto QoS VoIP Implementation

roitsupport
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM.jpg

Hi,

I have a fairly simple CUCM install that I want to implement auto qos on (see above). What we have is as follows:

I have two 3825 ISRs with T1 PRIs located on opposite ends of our campus. One 3825 at location A is directly connected to a 4510 core switch in our data center. The other 3825 at location B is directly connected to a 3750 stack which is then trunked back to the core 4510 at location A. At each location we also have a CUCM server. Routers are connected to CUCM via H.323. At location A we also have a Presence server and a Unity server. At location A we have 8 VG224 analog gateways, 4 VG224s at location B, and 12 VG224s at another location. All VG224s use SCCP to CUCM. We then have all 3560 switches on our access layer and all of them are connected via fiber to the 4500 and the 3750 stack. We are using 7942 and 7962 handsets with a few 7941G-GE and 7961G-GEs sprinkled in. Almost all phones are using the switch port on the back of the phone to connect to PCs.

So what I'm wondering is how is the best method to implement auto qos on our network? Do we simply do the following:

1) Enable ip cef everywhere.

2) Enable auto qos voip cisco-phone on all access ports connecting to phones.

3) Enable auto qos voip trust on both sides of all switch trunk interconnects, both sides of VG224 switch links, and switch side of 3825 switch links.

4) Enable auto qos voip trust on switch links to CUCM, Presence, and Unity.

Am I missing anything? Is there a better or different way to do this? Is there anything else that needs to be done?

And lastly, is it not possible to enable Auto QoS on the 3825 GigE link side?

Thanks for all the help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AAhhh yes, the Cat 4500 with Sup6-E is different. Here is what I did to trust DSCP

class-map match-all AutoQos-VoIP-Bearer-Dscp

match dscp ef

class-map match-all AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp26

match dscp af31

class-map match-all AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp24

match dscp cs3

policy-map AutoQos-VoIP-Input-Dscp-Policy

class AutoQos-VoIP-Bearer-Dscp

set qos-group 46

class AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp26

set qos-group 26

class AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp24

set qos-group 24

class class-default

interface GigabitEthernet6/24

description CALLMANAGER-1

switchport access vlan 101

spanning-tree portfast

service-policy input AutoQos-VoIP-Input-Dscp-Policy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bill CARTER
Level 5
Level 5

You are correct. One suggestion. After you have issued "auto qos voip trust" on uplink and server ports, enter "mls qos trust dscp". Voice servers and Gateways don't set L2 COS values, but they do set L3 DSCP values.

Hi William,

"mls qos trust dscp" doesn't seem to be available on my 4510R-E with Sup 6-Es? It does seem to be available on the 3750 though...

Does this make sense? We are running WS-X4648-RJ45V-E cards on the 4510 that the CUCM, Unity, and Presense servers plug into and WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V that the phones/PCs plug into. Neither seems to have this command available...

AAhhh yes, the Cat 4500 with Sup6-E is different. Here is what I did to trust DSCP

class-map match-all AutoQos-VoIP-Bearer-Dscp

match dscp ef

class-map match-all AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp26

match dscp af31

class-map match-all AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp24

match dscp cs3

policy-map AutoQos-VoIP-Input-Dscp-Policy

class AutoQos-VoIP-Bearer-Dscp

set qos-group 46

class AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp26

set qos-group 26

class AutoQos-VoIP-Control-Dscp24

set qos-group 24

class class-default

interface GigabitEthernet6/24

description CALLMANAGER-1

switchport access vlan 101

spanning-tree portfast

service-policy input AutoQos-VoIP-Input-Dscp-Policy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card