Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoInstall on the switch

ling20125
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

It seems like I can't get the "Would you like to terminate AutoInstall" message on the switch when I reloaded it with no config. Any ideas? Is this feature not supported on the switch, or do I need a specific command to enter this mode? I'm running a 3560 with 12.2(58)SE. Thanks.

Regards,

Angela

20 Replies 20

I get it now, it's not I don't get the message, it's because the message is the first to appear, and when I hit "enter" several times to start, it just skips that message because it defaults to "yes" (skip it).

Now, I try to reload the switch and wait for the message, but it never shows up. Using 'setup' only brings the 'Would you like to enter initial configuration?' message, not what I wanted. And the even trickier thing: I try to type 'no' then hit enter, but I never got into AutoInstall. And the Cisco IOS actually tricks me with the message "Press RETURN to get started!". If I press return, it will just skip AutoInstall. What should I do?

Regards,

Angela

PS: leo, how can I choose to use Zero Touch instead of AutoInstall? Thanks.

PPS: I finally successfully said 'no' to the 'Would you like to terminal AutoInstall?' message, but it's useless. The switch never allowed me to enter AutoInstall. See below:

Would you like to terminate autoinstall? [yes]: n

--- System Configuration Dialog ---

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]: n

Would you like to terminate autoinstall? [yes]: n

Switch>What do I do now?

Message was edited by: angela zou

PS: leo, how can I choose to use Zero Touch instead of AutoInstall? Thanks.

Hi Angela,

Follow the attachment.  It's a step-by-step guide about how-to configure Zero-Touch.

Not sure what you mean Leo, the only thing I see is how the file should be stored on the TFTP server, no tips about how to start Zero Touch.

Regards,

Angela

no tips about how to start Zero Touch.

If you enable the VStack, this starts up Zero-Touch.  The doco I've attached will teach you how to enable Zero-Touch and implement it.

Um, no stackwise in the design plan, yet.

Um, no stackwise in the design plan, yet.

No stackwise.

The main objective where I find Zero Touch useful is when you plan to deploy alot of switches.  When you connect the new switch to your VStack director the new switch will boot up, copy a configuration template and download the correct IOS from the VStack director.  You specify what exact IOS and configuration for a specific switch.

When the new switch boots up, it will have the correct IOS and a configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco