Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Available NIM Cards Slots on ISR 4000 Series?

Hello All,

I wasn't able to find a Hardware category to post this in, so hopefully this is ok...

We have an ISR4321 that currently has a NIM-2FXS/4FXO module, with 4 FXO ports and 2 FXS ports. But, I am trying to find out if there are any of these NIMs that contain 4-FXS and 4-FXO ports?

On the ISR, NIM-1 contains a T1/E1 module and NIM-2 contains the 2FXS/4FXO module.

I did come across this page at the link below, but the most I found was a module with 6 ports, which is what we already have in the ISR.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-733646.html

Does Cisco make any of these modules that contain that configuration of ports, *i.e. 4-FXO and 4-FXS, that's compatible with the ISR 4000 series...?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Matt,

Matt,

For a couple of extra ports, ATA is the way to go (ATA190). Depending on the discount you get, they are not very expensive (Cisco list price is $300).

HTH

5 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Hi,

Have a look at this data sheet:

NIM-4FXSP

NIM-4FXO

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/relevant-interfaces-and-modules.html#voice-interface-cards

HTH

Hey Reza, thanks for the

Hey Reza, thanks for the reply, and the link.

I checked them out, but we would need one with more ports. The one we currently have is a 2-FXS/4-FXO module, and what we need is at least one more FXS port for a third fax machine.

From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like Cisco has a 4 and 4 port module. I might just have to set them up with an ATA or a VG202XM (*VoIP to Analog gateway)...

Thanks Again,
Matt

VIP Super Bronze

Matt,

Matt,

For a couple of extra ports, ATA is the way to go (ATA190). Depending on the discount you get, they are not very expensive (Cisco list price is $300).

HTH

Hey Reza, thanks for the

Hey Reza, thanks for the reply.

Yea, I agree. I believe I may have a ATA186 lying around somewhere, which should do the trick. Thanks for the help!

Thanks Again,
Matt

VIP Super Bronze

Glad to help Matt.

Glad to help Matt.

Thanks and good luck!

Reza

Views
Helpful
Replies