Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup tool for switches and ASA?

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Is there a free tool that can backup my configs on a scheduled basis?  I've been using Solarwinds Kiwi Cattools and we have hit a bug which they are looking into, in the meantime I was wondering if there is another tool I could use to backup the configs via a schedule?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

pjmonline
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you can schedule it but I use the cisco network assistant and has a backup and restore feature that can make backups of 1 or all switches in your network.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

Andy White wrote:

Hello,

Is there a free tool that can backup my configs on a scheduled basis?  I've been using Solarwinds Kiwi Cattools and we have hit a bug which they are looking into, in the meantime I was wondering if there is another tool I could use to backup the configs via a schedule?

Thanks

I used a free product in the past called "JFFNMS" - it's a core Network Monitoring System, but part of it is scheduled backups of configurations.

http://www.jffnms.org/

I know it worked on switches running IOS and PIX firewalls - never tried it on an ASA, but they're similar enough to the PIX that they should work. Don;t know about switches running CatOS.

Note that it *is* an NMS, so it's just just something you can run on your workstation.

Cheers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card